JACAFA Foundation, as fully supported by The Nippon Foundation (TNF) has decided to
grant scholarships to university students in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan,
and Azerbaijan. The scholarship program started in 2019.
JACAFA Foundation aims to build a proactive alumni network in Central Asia that will then implement projects in cooperation with other NGOs, universities, think tanks, government institutions, and private companies. We aim for it to become a hub for cooperation throughout the region.
EUR 100 per month (inclusive taxes and deductions)
Scholarship funds are to be used for successful completion of a study and other academic activities (e.g., purchase of textbooks or fees for attending special courses or seminars).
Up to 2 years (from October 2022 till June 2024).
• each applicant must be a local citizen of the country where the scholarship program is to
• academic record: GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4-point scale, or the equivalent
• good spoken and written English proven with TOEFL, IELTS or TOEIC certificate, OR a record of English courses completed
• be a full-time student with 2 more years to complete undergraduate degree in social sciences, economics, finance, management, computer science, computer engineering.
• age limit of 23 applies to all applicants, at scholarship starting time
Notification of Scholarship: April, 2022
Application Deadline: May 2, 2022
Application Screening: May, 2022
Interviews: May, 2022
Final Selection and Announcement: the latest September 2022
For the details of the Scholarship Program, please refer to the attached documents.
JACAFA Foundation, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan